Become a Member of JAI
Membership in JAI is juried, and we request that applicants follow the protocol below.
JAI welcomes visual artists (in any medium) and performing artists (theater, dance, innovative interdisciplinary collaborations) with either an exhibition or performance history, as well as arts professionals (curators, critics, historians, and arts administrators). JAI is not currently accepting submissions from musicians.
Members must be Jewish, over 21 and live in Southern California
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your name, address, phone number and email address
- Artist statement/professional statement and CV or resume
- Brief statement of interest in JAI – why is being part of a Jewish arts organization important you? (350 words max.)
- Visual Artists: submit digital files (.jpg) of 8 full images
- Performance Artists: submit links to online videos – full performance, a rehearsal or reading
- Arts Professionals: submit examples of your work – digital files or links of curatorial projects or events produced, and or short excerpt of writings
- Professional website & social media – send links if applicable to your professional website and social media page(s) promoting your art practice
- When submitting your materials, please indicate you are applying as a Visual Artist, Performance Artist or Arts Professional
- Membership dues are $36 annually
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of JAI!